Scottish Ice Hockey is seeking a new assistant coach to help with the development of the country’s next generation of players.
Working alongside current head coach Steven Lynch each candidate will need to meet the following criteria:
- Minimum Level 2 and update
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to run Level 1 & 2 coaching courses
Recent experience of leading and managing successful programmes at club level is desirable along with the ability to act as a role model to players both on and off the ice.
Other key personal qualities and competencies needed for the role are as follows:
- Think strategically but equally be able to work tactically
- Stay calm under pressure
- Be a positive influence when working closely with players and members of staff at any event
- Have a passion for developing talented players
- Be a proven, experienced, principled and values driven leader
- Be open, honest and transparent
- Be a team player who is comfortable with working as part of a small group
- Possess an ability to multi-task, but be clear about what the priority is
- Be willing and able to travel and be comfortable with working unsociable hours
- Have the ability to develop strong relationships with multiple stakeholders
All applicants should send their CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.