The 2019 IIHF International Coaching Symposium will be hosted in Bratislava during the 2019 Ice Hockey World Championship by the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF), the Slovak Ice Hockey Federation (SIHF) and the 2019 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Organising Committee.
The expected outcome of the Symposium is to provide the coaches that attend an opportunity to:
- Network and share their views and experiences with other coaches
- Learn the different approaches being used by fellow coaches
- Listen to knowledgeable speakers sharing their insight and ideas on coaching issues
- View new, innovative products from selected exhibitors that are being used around the world to enhance player performance
Topics will include:
- Leadership and ownership of the coaching process
- Playbooks and systems in modern ice hockey
- Individual skills development in modern ice hockey
- Strength and conditioning trends in modern ice hockey
- Wade Gilbert, Ph.D., Professor, California State University, Fresno
- Kevin McLaughlin, USA Hockey, Senior Director (Hockey Development)
- Aki Naykki, SC Bern/FIN U20, Goaltending coach
- Tommi Parmakoski, Pelicans Lahti (FIN), Strength and conditioning coach
- Bill Beaney, former NCAA and USA Hockey coach
- Two NHL-calibre coaches
The Symposium will be held in English.
Dates: 18-19th May, 2019 (with a social event planned for the evening of 17th May).
For details about registration, fees and accommodation please click here.