Following the recent decision by the membership to create a new National Governing Body for ice hockey in Scotland, Scottish Ice Hockey is seeking applications for the voluntary role of Secretary.
The Secretary will be responsible for handling all information, notices and correspondence, to and from clubs and any other outside bodies if required to do so.
The role also requires the successful applicant to forward relevant information to board members, keep minutes of all meetings and distribute them and keeping any relevant data about SIH.
Ideally, you will need to be:
- A capable manager who can delegate effectively
- Confident and good at communicating
- Skilled at administration and meeting procedures
- Well-organised and conscientious
- IT literate (especially the use of Word and Excel)
What you will do:
- Act as the main communication link between the committee, sub-committees, members, networks, and leagues
- Manage and record all inward and outward correspondence, making sure the necessary actions are followed up
- Manage legal and insurance matters
- Oversee the necessary processes to manage the membership process
- Distribute the right paperwork to the right people within the SIH
- Organise the annual general meeting, management committee and meetings, preparing agendas and paperwork, and taking minutes
- Communicate any important matters from IIHF, IHUK, leagues and other partner organisations
The role generally takes around three to four hours per week, mainly evenings, although it may take up additional time around club membership renewals.
Performing this secretarial role demonstrates a considerable command of high-level organisational skills.
The Secretary has a major influence on the overall efficiency of the organisation and plays an important part in coordinating different volunteering roles.
This role would suit someone who has the time and passion to help develop SIH and is either looking to give something back to the sport and/or looking at a way to demonstrate their ability to operate as part of the board of an NGB.
For an informal chat, please contact David Hand by telephone on 07970 223301 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV explaining why you would like to be considered for the role. The closing date is Monday, 5th July.
(Image permission: Andrew Neel)