Scottish Ice Hockey is inviting applications for roles on its Fair Play Committee.
It is proposed that this Committee shall consist of a minimum of five members who will have the following remit:
- To ensure the fair treatment of all current and potential playing members within SIH
- To develop the ethos of sportsmanship within all clubs and players
- To apply in a non-biased manner the IIHF rules of ice hockey and any such ‘local rules’ as may be applied
- To develop and maintain a system of discipline which places the safety of all players at its core
The committee will report to the Board of Directors as required, liaise with all other committees within SIH and bring forward any amendments to this remit or current discipline system as required for the effective delivery of its objectives.
Applicants are required to submit a written application for consideration by the Nominations Committee.
The criteria for membership are:
- Proven knowledge of ice hockey and its administration
- Evidence of participation at a high level over a period
- Evidence of qualifications in the field of coaching
- Evidence of the qualification in the field of match official
Applicants should not have any current close relationship with any individual club within SIH.
Should insufficient suitable applicants come forward, the committee may be formed with a minimum of three members with the proviso that continued efforts will be made to increase the number or to examine alternative applicable skill qualifications.
Please email a covering letter with a brief outline of your suitability for this role to email@example.com. The closing date is Friday, 14th May.