Scottish Ice Hockey is currently working closely with Sport Scotland to ensure that our new National Governing Body (NGB) is set up in line with their good governance guidelines and is checked legally as fit for purpose.
A new set of articles has been created after plenty of hard work by the sub-group appointed to oversee this process, and these will be shared with member clubs in due course.
A road map of future dates has been established, culminating in a single-issue online Emergency General Meeting on March 25th, 2021.
The purpose of the meeting is to obtain the clubs’ agreement on the new articles before submitting these to sportscotland to be part of the application for NGB status.
We have already supplied the other documents required in this process and are working to a deadline of the end of March to be part of the assessment process this quarter.
SIH intends to hold a series of consultation events, to work with clubs to identify what, if any, changes are needed to the articles prior to the meeting. The key dates are as follows:
- February 7th – Letter to clubs giving notice of EGM.
- February 20th – Clubs must be affiliated and cleared of any hockey related debt to qualify to vote on the new governing body.
- February 23rd – Copy of draft M&As sent out to clubs eligible to vote.
- March 11th – Club engagement session 1 (7.00 pm).
- March 18th – Club engagement session 2 (7.00 pm).
- March 25th – EGM – Approve M&As (7.00 pm).
Once the M&As have been approved, SIH will seek to establish the new NGB with sportscotland.